Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sweet Dreams Daddy, Goodnight

Sweet Dreams Daddy, Goodnight

After a long day of managing stresses,
Many times seemingly drained of all might,
My little girl opens her mouth and me she blesses.
When she says, “Sweet dreams Daddy, goodnight.”

How marvelous is the working of the Lord’s tender mercy,
No matter how deep or dark be my plight.
I am buoyed above any and all controversy,
When my daughter says, “Sweet dreams Daddy, goodnight.”

It is just like our Heavenly Father to reveal Himself in a child’s phrases,
Even in a decaying world where gross darkness seems to eclipse God’s light.
I thank my God for my faith and hope in and love for Him, He upraises.
When my girl child looks at me and says, “Sweet dreams Daddy, goodnight.”

Our Lord has given Himself to us; we are each other’s permanent possession.
With childlike faith trusting that He is ever with us, everything is truly alright.
That is what I get from my daughter’s simple soul stirring expression,
When she says, “Sweet dreams Daddy, goodnight.”

Make memories to last an eternity with your children,
teach them about and show them the love of Jesus Christ…
In time God will reward you with a wonderful return on your investment.

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
11/28/07