Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Blessed Stallion

A Blessed Stallion

Like a stallion
You were wild and strong

You lived with passion
As you roamed along

You had no desire
To live life in a boring pen

Though, your time was short
You charged through it, yet taking it all in

You touched many lives
As you ranged about, so inexhaustibly

Upon many hearts
Your mark has been etched permanently

The beauty of your joyfulness
Was a wonder to behold

It seemed you were one
Who would age but never grow old

Now that you are gone
My tears shower down as rain and drop like dew

I pray you knew
Just how much I loved you

I am glad God gave me
You to be my little brother

I thought we had more
Time to continue to live, learn, and love each other

But, the Lord called your name
And you had only one option - to reply

God opened up the gates to heaven
And called you to dwell in greener pastures on high

I miss and I love you and so I mourn
Yet I rejoice that I will see you again on that great gettin’ up morn’

For Now, Rest In Peace Larry DeWayne Reed
Forever your brother, and Brother in Christ, indeed!!!

RevLarryDaleReedSr
I Owe Jesus
2/16/08

No comments: