Friday, April 11, 2008

Embracing Destiny

Embracing Destiny

Destiny is bringing opportunity your way
It may close in on you with very little delay
Don’t let delay hinder your way, proceed to your destiny

Destiny arrives for some seemingly in haste
But, consider life is much too precious to waste
With deliberate haste, no time to waste, step into your destiny

When destiny comes, all at once, you may feel a slight tug
And, then it may quickly transform into a strong bear hug
Whether a little tug or a big hug, embrace your destiny

Destiny will pull you from where it had gotten easy
And, take you where you may feel just a little queasy
Move over easy, bring it on queasy, be resolved to realize your destiny

Destiny challenges your being, puts you to the test
Its design is not to bind you, but bring out your best
Come hither my best and let us trump my tests onward toward my destiny

Destiny may take you to frontiers unknown
There may be routes you must travel all alone
But even if alone, conquer the unknown, trek into your destiny

When destiny comes, fear may come to counteract
Fear desires to handcuff and shackle you, so you won’t act
Act in faith to counteract and crush fear, and then waltz into your destiny

Destiny came to visit me the other day
I did not say much for there was not much to say
What could I say but, “Praise God! It’s a new day! I shall embrace my destiny!”

Destiny has come to me in spite of my wayward past
Regardless of my faults and failures, I don’t have to be downcast
Downcast is a thing of my past, I am forgiven and on my way to my destiny

Destiny reveals that there are tests and trials for me to the fore
But, the Lord has helped me overcome so much before
Full steam ahead no matter the obstacles, I must go forth into my destiny

Within my destiny, there are battles that must be fought
Battles without and within-in my words and deeds, and even in my thought
I think I will fight on; in the end, I shall have victory for it is my destiny

Destiny knows the paths I will plod
I have a perfect example to follow in Jesus, my Savior-the Son of God
I, with my cross and its yoke, shall plod the just paths leading to my God.
To be with Him ever is my destiny

The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control.” Psalm 32:8-9 (NLT)

You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to honor and glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And I have no delight or desire on earth besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the Rock and firm Strength of my heart and my Portion forever. Psalm 73:24-26 (Amp)

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
4/11/08

No comments: