Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I. O. U.

I. O. U.

You’ve been there since day one.
Beaming over me, like the radiant sun.
In your arms tenderly cradling me,
For joy, you lovingly labeled me.
You comforted me, when I would weep.
Sweetly you sang, rocking me to sleep.
You left everyday to go forth, to strive,
To meet the needs that kept us alive.
You did well, I am healthy and grown.
When time won’t allow you be on your own,
Fear not being forsaken, left all alone.
It will be my turn to encourage and embrace,
My blessing to wipe tears from your face.
To care for your needs as you did for me,
To help you live with grace and dignity.
As a parent, you did for me the best you could.
May God help me do my best for you, as I should.

I. O. U.

Ps. 71:9. Cast me not off in the time of old age;
forsake me not when my strength faileth…

Eph. 6:2. Honour thy father and mother; (which is
the first commandment with promise;) 3.That it
may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long
on the earth.

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
10/26/10

No comments: