Friday, May 9, 2008

Thank You Mama

Thank You Mama

Thank you for the burden your bore
While I developed within your womb
Thank you for the promise you swore
To care for me and every need assume

Thank you for the meals you prepared
And, making sure I was neatly dressed
Thank you for any love taps I was spared
When your last nerve, I had depressed

Thank you for wiping away my tears
And aiding me during my times of trial
Thank you for heartening me to face my fears
And, encouraging me to always wear a smile

Thank you for being a woman of action
You did what was needed to keep us going
Thank you for striving, ignoring distraction
In tough times, you pressed on, not slowing

Thank you for your loving devotion
You invested in me time and attention
Thank you for your skillful promotion
And, your insightful nonintervention

Thank you for your fair and firm correction
You taught me that my actions have effects
Thank you for your spiritual predilection
Your advice leads in a way that God respects

Thank you for the memories, time cannot erase
You leave your mark in everything you do
I thank God for you, mama; you are a gift of grace
I pray His continued blessings to always be upon you

With Love, from Your Child…

“Honor your father and mother.” This is the first of the Ten Commandments that ends with a promise. And this is the promise: If you honor your father and mother, “you will live a long life, full of blessing.” (Eph 6:2-3 NLT)

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
5/9/08

No comments: