Friday, August 22, 2008

Plea to Mr. Sagging Pants

Plea to Mr. Sagging Pants

Dear Mr. Sagging Pants
I would like a word with you
Hear me out; give me a chance

To say, I am a bit dismayed
By your low-riding fashion
At times with underwear displayed

Don’t be so quick to say I’m downing your way of life
I am aware that it is a free country
But, we all, at times, must sacrifice to curb confusion and strife

I just believe you can do much better
Don’t give in to temporary trifling trends
Decide instead to be an honorable pacesetter

It is said that clothes don’t make the man
But the way a man wears his clothes
Can send mixed messages about where he stands

I pray you stand for decency, for that which is right
Pull up your pants for it is good
Pull them up for it is a more praiseworthy sight

God made man to be a dignified leader
Be a Godly man, live your life in such a way that all can see
That in all things, you strive to be virtuous and God will help you be a succeeder

He who earnestly seeks after and craves righteousness, mercy, and loving-kindness will find life in addition to righteousness (uprightness and right standing with God) and honor. Proverbs 21:21 (Amplified Bible)

The way of the wicked is an abomination, extremely disgusting and shamefully vile to the Lord, but He loves him who pursues righteousness (moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation). Proverbs 15:9 (Amplified Bible)

RevLDReed – Servant of the Lord, Jesus Christ
I Owe Jesus
8/22/2008

No comments: