Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Blessing for My Curser

A Blessing for My Curser

A secretive scorner composed to me a lengthy note
Thoroughly, passionately disparaging me as he or she wrote

There was devilish deliberation discernible in his or her prose
Joyful derision due to a sad, angry inner disposition, I suppose

I could vex my mind and waste my time in wondering who
But, that wouldn’t be beneficial, but a futile, juvenile thing to do

Instead of squandering my energy annoyed at Mr., Ms., or Mrs. nameless
I have chosen rather to pray for the need manifested by an act so shameless

One’s words allows the inner sanctum of one’s heart to be exposed
Through words, one’s mind is analyzable via the views disclosed

My anonymous, animated agitator surely is one deeply damaged by hate within
I reason that he or she has never truly experienced a love that overpowers sin

Instead of petitioning my God to rain down snares on his or her head
Jesus’ love in me, compels me to pray He would turn them in love to Him, instead

I shall mimic my Jesus, who bore my burden-hung, bled, and died on Calvary’s cross
While being mocked, empowered by love He suffered it that men be saved, not lost

To my curser with joyful love, where so ever, whosoever you may be
I truly say God bless you and I pray that Jesus would, from your sin, set you free

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven…Matthew 5:44-45a

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
8/11/2008