Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Giving without Gaining

G i v i n g without G a i n i n g

There are those who delight greatly in giving
To outwardly showcase their reputable living.
They boast of their numerous noble deeds
In providing, to remedy the poor’s needs.
They may appear to have the purest aim.
But, a wise review reveals a great shame.
They do not contribute to bring God glory
But, seek publicity for their self-serving story.
They give not from a heart spirited with love.
For, they love neither humanity nor God above.
Their insincere charity achieves no enduring gain.
True charity springs from love one does not feign.
As when God confirmed His love toward all men,
He sent His beloved Son to end the rule and ruin of sin.

Let love lead you. Let love guide you. Let love fill you.
Let love live inside of you.
Jesus is LOVE…
For love He gave His life that you may gain life.
Receive Jesus, gain love and eternal life.
Then give love that others may perhaps gain Jesus.

1 Corinthians 13:3 (Amplified Bible) - Even if I dole out all that I have [to the poor in providing] food, and if I surrender my body to be burned or in order that I may glory, but have not love (God's love in me), I gain nothing.

I Owe Jesus
RevLDReedSr
12/8/09

No comments: