Friday, March 19, 2010

Into His Marvelous Light

Into His Marvelous Light

In the darkness, I was clad from birth.
In the darkness, I had no lasting mirth.
In the darkness, my focus was blurred.
In the darkness, my cry seemed unheard.
In the darkness, my heart feared.
In the darkness, my feet veered.
In the darkness, many tears I shed.
In the darkness, hope was all but dead.
But, then the Light appeared.
Out of darkness, He steered.
In the Light, He dissolved my shame.
In the Light, He changed my name.
In the Light, my salvation arrived.
In the Light, my soul revived.
In the Light, my heart strengthened.
In the Light, my vision lengthened.
In the Light, Truth and Love perfects me.
In the Light, looms my glorious eternal destiny.

1 Peter 2:9-10 (The Message)
But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God's instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you—from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted.

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
2/17/10

No comments: