Monday, October 31, 2011

Must be a bum…

Don’t be put off by the putdowns of proud, prickly people…But, be perpetually persuaded to persist in your God-given purpose to the praise of your preeminent Heavenly Father…

For [the proclaiming of] this [Gospel] I was appointed a herald (preacher) and an apostle (special messenger) and a teacher of the Gentiles. And this is why I am suffering as I do. Still I am not ashamed, for I know (perceive, have knowledge of, and am acquainted with) Him Whom I have believed (adhered to and trusted in and relied on), and I am [positively] persuaded that He is able to guard and keep that which has been entrusted to me and which I have committed [to Him] until that day. 2 Timothy 1:11-12 Amp

Must be a bum…

A little lady who I thought was nice, being a churchgoer and all, most certainly, in her own mind, of more impeccable character and moral standing than myself; bum rushed me with the musing of her heart that unconsciously or purposely with evil intent emanated from her mouth in regards to me, “must be a bum.” Her thinking was that I spent too much time volunteering at my children’s school…I was more grieved for her lack of self-control and judgmental spirit than angry at the arrogant, blind eruption of her lips.

By the grace of God, I am more trained by the Sprit in heart, mind, and mouth to turn negatives into positives, and to be discerning.

In the same setting that this outwardly prim and proper person judged me improperly and unfairly, not knowing me and not caring to know me, an eleven year old, bright eyed young person, happy to see me told me how blessed he was to have read my book, exclaiming emphatically, “It was very good!”

Jesus, Himself, experienced the needling of the mindless musings of dark hearted men lacking self control as He was volunteering His body, in sacrifice to help lift others up…They, through their hate filled mocking, tried to provoke Him to come down from the cross, but He was doing a good work and HE couldn’t come down…He was not dissuaded from the Father’s will.

And my brothers and my sisters, neither should we be dissuaded from doing the duty of fulfilling our calling regardless to whether folk accept us or not…Do know that Satan, the adversary and enemy of our God and His children, will use his emissaries to try to irk us to anger, turn us from truth, fool us to cease from following the Lord’s way, and deter us from being dutiful to our God… But let us make up our mind to stick and stay with the Lord.

And I am a B-U-M, but not according to her definition…
I am Blessed to be God’s child…
I am Undeterred from fulfilling my calling…
I am Moving forward in Jesus to greater works…

And…Ain't gonna let nobody, Lordy, turn me round,
Turn me round, turn me round,
Ain't gonna let nobody, Lordy, turn me round,
I'm gonna keep on a-walkin', Lord, keep on a-talkin', Lord,
Marching up to freedom land.

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
10/30/11

No comments: