Monday, October 31, 2011

Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine, Beloved… Be strong today and everyday, Beloved, for your God has commanded it so…

Many acknowledge being weak, but never attempt to grow in strength. The devil has deceived some that being weak is where it’s at. Many accept being weak, for it is a ready excuse to stay at status quo, to avoid the challenges of growing in strength, and to avoid the responsibilities of being strong. The Lord knows this, so HE commands, “let the weak say, I am strong.” God’s will is for you to be strong.

How? Not for the praise of men, not in your means, nor by any fleshly efforts or worldly principles, but by faith in God to the praise of God… Being strong in HIM and all the love and grace, HE provides. Doing it in the strength, He provides. In HIM is everlasting strength.

Feed on HIS faithfulness to you; meditate on all the victories HE has brought to pass in your life. Feed on HIS empowering word, daily reading, reflection, commitment to memory, acting upon it. Be fueled, led by HIS Spirit and your love for Jesus. Walk in obedience to HIS commands. Pray for strength. Seek a mentor strong in faith. No matter how weak you may be, say to yourself as the Lord has commanded, “I am strong.” These things will make you strong.

And not just simply be strong, but, “Be strong and of a good courage...” So the Lord says be strong and brave. You may be weak, but be courageous and endeavor to grow, endeavor to mature, endeavor to reflect all that God is and has called you to be in your life. Know that being strong really is about knowing that God is your all and your everything and that He loves you everlastingly and has promised to always be there for you.

Beloved, BE STRONG today…

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6:10-11

But your eyes have seen all the great acts of the Lord which HE did…Therefore shall ye keep all the commandments which I command you this day, that ye may be strong, and go in and possess the land, whither ye go to possess it… Deuteronomy 11:7-8

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
10/31/11

I asked God for strength that I might achieve.I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.I asked for health that I might do greater things.I was given infirmity that I might do better things.I asked for riches that I might be happy.I was given poverty that I might be wise.I asked for power that I might have the praise of men.I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.I was given life that I might enjoy all things.I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed.
Author unknown

No comments: