Friday, May 25, 2012

Dig in a lil’ deeper…

Dig in a lil’ deeper…




Broken dreams, broken bonds marked my way,

With hurt so bad there were no words to say.

I did all I could to make it through the day.

Bitterness stained my complexion.

Silence was my best expression.

Paralysis robbed me of direction.

Life—the whole thing was blurred.

But, one day Your word, I heard.

That day, my spirit, You stirred.

I prayed and I prayed and I prayed.

I sought Your word in the decisions I made.

You made me strong, wouldn’t let me fade.

Your love prompts my spirit to rejoice.

In praise to You, I lift my voice.

Now, no matter what, You are my choice.

Though troubles and trials abound,

Though enemies, on all sides, surround,

I’m determined to stand my ground.

I’m going to dig in a lil’ deeper,

Clinging to the ROCK I’ve found.



Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. Luke 6:47:48



RevLDReedSr

I Owe Jesus

5/20/12

No comments: