Friday, May 25, 2012

I thought we had more time…

I thought we had more time…




I had it all planned,

The details are, yet, etched in my mind.

We were going to do this and do that,

But, that dream has fallen flat.

All seemed to be going so well,

So I chose not to rush or make a fuss.

I just knew we had more time,

To live and to love as dear ones do.

To get together and do whatever,

Just as long as it was me with you.

But out of the blue, poof, you’re gone.

All I have left is a heart of regret,

And precious memories, I can never forget.

With your absence, my life’s rhythm—

Does not have the same rhyme.

Missing you, wishing you were here with me.

Yet, I know that just cannot be.

You had an appointment amid the stars,

Summoned into the presence of the God of glory.

It’s better for you to be where you are.



I just thought we had more time…



Beloved, let us be careful of saving for later,

For we never know when later might just be too late…



Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. James 4:14



RevLDReedSr

I Owe Jesus

4/29/12

No comments: