Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Desire

Desire

When shall I appear on high before you?
How much longer must I tarry down here?
What else do I have to learn or go through
Before my eyes, into Your great glory, peer?

So many things are a distraction,
Many things vie for my view.
But, You are my main attraction.
You are the One I shall ever pursue.

I confess, I get weak and I get weary,
But, Your strength helps me hold on.
The promises of Your Word makes me cheery
They empower me mightily to press on.

Help me holdout in this cruel world, so cold.
To complete the ministry that You assigned.
As I live, I submit myself to Your Spirit to mold.
Help me to grow and be holily inclined.

As my steps get shorter and my eyes dim,
My gait and my gaze shall still be fixed to You.
Though the days be dark and the times grim,
Tribulation will not our relationship, undo.

What a day it shall be when I, your face, behold.
No more sin, shame, or pain to shackle me,
Nothing but love, joys, and, peace, manifold.
My want, my wish fulfilled, me with You for all eternity…

Whom have I in heaven but You? I desire You more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever. Psalm 73:25-26

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
3/16/09

No comments: