Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Am an Overcomer

I Am an Overcomer

I depend on God,
Affirmed by His rod,
Managed by His prod.
Adversity stalks my way,
Necessitating prayer each day.
Obstacles beware; watch out.
Victory, I speak out.
Energized by God’s assistance,
Ready, armed with persistence.
Challenges call for contenders.
Off-putting trials deter pretenders.
My Jesus champions me,
Empowering me to victory,
Rejoicing over every difficulty.


I Am an Overcomer

1 John 5:4-5 (Amplified Bible)
For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world; and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith. Who is it that is victorious over [that conquers] the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on that fact]?

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
6/25/09

No comments: