Friday, June 26, 2009

I Am an Overcomer II

I Am an Overcomer II

I depend solely on God,
Affirmed by His refining rod,
Managed by His Spirit’s prod.
Adversity stalks my every way,
Necessitating earnest prayer each day.
Obstacles be wary; watch out.
Victory, I boldly speak out.
Energized by my Lord’s assistance,
Ready, discerning armed with persistence.
Challenges call for willing contenders.
Obstructions put off mere pretenders.
My Jesus greatly champions me,
Empowering me to sweet victory,
Rejoicing gloriously over every difficulty.

I Am an Overcomer

1 John 5:4-5 (Amplified Bible)
For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world; and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith. Who is it that is victorious over [that conquers] the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on that fact]?

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
6/25/09

2 comments:

Rev. Hughes said...

Thank you Rev. Reed.Such beautiful acknowledgment of our victory through Christ Jesus. I don't think alot of Christians really understand that no matter what, they have already won,they just have to keep fighting.Keep letting GOD use you !!!

Redeemed said...

Thank you for this post...
we have victory through JESUS