Thursday, July 9, 2009

When the Glory Departs

When the Glory Departs

When the glory departs,
It breaks men’s hearts.
When the glory disappears,
It leaves a trail of tears.
When the glory goes away,
Misery mars each day.
When the glory flees,
The stout sag to their knees.
When the glory expires,
It extinguishes desires.
When the glory ends,
It reveals false friends.
When the glory runs its course,
The famed fold in remorse.
When the glory is subsiding,
The outgoing go into hiding.
When the glory is missing,
Lovers cease kissing.
When the glory is gone,
Man suffers within, without alone.
When the glory is in lack,
Some do anything to get it back.
When the glory is no more,
Man laments, longs for where he was before.

Earthly glory is momentary and the persons, groups, or nations who persist in seeking it eventually will discover its fleeting nature and the barrenness and brokenness it leaves behind. In God is glory that neither fades, faints, nor comes to a finish. Let us cease to chase the jaded, fading glory of this temporary life but rather the eternal glory graciously granted by the Almighty God to all who take refuge in His Son, Jesus Christ- The King of Glory.

Psalms 62:5-7 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
7/9/09

No comments: