Friday, July 31, 2009

I am a part of all that I have met.

I am a part of all that I have met.
As we journey through the time that is our life,
We leave bits of ourselves with those we meet.
Some pieces may be bitter and others sweet,
An oft-glad glance or rare glare sharp as a knife.
A vigorous vent due to a wrong painfully endured.
A blessed well-paced, well-placed word spoken,
Affects others-builds up or leaves them broken.
Let us grow in grace showing we have matured.
Let us love and be merciful as we walk together.
Meanness can mangle bonds between brothers.
Let us be mindful of the ways, we affect others,
It is the will of Almighty God, our common tether.
Christ Jesus offered the world a counterexample.
His words were powerful, moving, and gracious.
His acts bared a heart loving and nobly tenacious.
All hearts touched by Him praise His holy example!

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Inspired from the quote “I am a part of all that I have met.”
By Lord Alfred Tennyson (1809-1892)

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
7/31/09

No comments: