Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Love for All Seasons

A Love for All Seasons

My darling,
May our love endure through all seasons.

May our love sprout and bloom
As the lovely spring flowers and trees
May we buzz about together through life
Like the industrious, bumble bees
May we refresh one another
With showers of kisses that please

May our love shine bright
As the summer sun on high
May our love burn fervently
Causing our bond further to solidify
I pray we will take the time to frolic
Merrymaking under the summer sky

May our love be as vibrant
As the plethora of paints of fall
May our love be as pleasurable
As vivid countryside sights that enthrall
Though, the autumn days shorten
May our love be ablaze in the early nightfall

As the winter temps turn to cold
For love, let us hold each other especially near
As the cool holidays kindles warm hearts
May the savor of the times stir us to love more dear
Winter is each calendar’s ending season
Let us prepare for a new genesis of love in the New Year.

Song of Solomon 2:10-13 (New International Version)
My lover spoke and said to me, "Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me. See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me."

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
9/21/09

No comments: