Friday, January 6, 2012

It's My Turn

It’s My Turn

Sit back, relax, listen in
Hear what I been holding in
I been spurned, passed over
Burned and pushed over
But I learned, how to get over—it.
It hurt, but by faith, I’m healed.
I’m protected by the Father’s shield.
His favor is my force field.
I been down, folk thought I couldn’t rise
But I’m still here to many’ surprise
It’s my turn, got a mission, got a race to run
And I won’t stop, and I won’t quit ‘til I’m done
Tearing down walls, making room, building classes
Transformed, informed to reach the masses
I been gifted to help others get lifted
To be light, give love to folks that’s been sifted
The Father has anointed, appointed me
To go forth in His name and bring Him glory
While the devil be waiting on me to wilt,
God’s grace is holding me up on stilts
That I may preach Christ and Him crucified
Telling a dying world, to give life,
On the cross for our sin, Jesus died.

Building RAPport…

I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. And this I do for the gospel's sake… 1 Corinthians 9:22-23

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
1/6/12

No comments: