Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I'm a Senior, but I'm Striving

I'm a Senior, but I'm Striving

I'm a senior…
I'm not as young as I used to be,
But, I'm striving.

I'm a senior…
I can’t see as far as I used to see,
But, I'm striving.

I'm a senior…
I no longer move about as quickly as a bumblebee,
But, I'm striving.

I'm a senior…
I'm no longer as strong as an oak tree,
But, I'm striving.

Yes. I'm a senior…
Striving to do what, you may ask me?

With the mercy of the Lord, I'm striving to enjoy each day despite any pain or frailty I may feel in my weakening frame.

By the grace of God, I'm striving to enjoy my family and friends with the time I have left-I wish I could freeze-frame.

With the help of the Lord, I'm striving to invest the wisdom that God has given me in someone else. To help them is my aim.

Because of God’s love and by His mighty power, I'm striving forward looking unto Jesus who died for me and keeping my faith in Him and telling others to do the same.

Yes, I'm a senior, but I'm striving every day. I'm pressing on trying to reach my heavenly home in Jesus Name!!!

But the godly will flourish like palm trees and grow strong like the cedars of Lebanon. For they are transplanted to the LORD’s own house, they flourish in the courts of our God. Even in old age they will still produce fruit; they will remain vital and green. They will declare, “The LORD is just! He is my rock! There is no evil in Him!” Psalm 92:12-15 New Living Translation

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
12/2006