Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My Gift to My Lord

My Gift to My Lord

Lord, You came from above,
As a gift, wrapped and filled with love.
To give man opportunity for endless life,
Delivering him up from the grave consequences of sin and its misery and strife.

Oh, what gift to You can I give,
To You the reason I exist, the reason why I live?
What gift can I, upon You, bestow?
You birthed the idea of my conception, brought me into being, and nurtured me to grow.

By Your handiwork of grace, You formed and then reformed me.
Your Spirit has regenerated me with a new heart of understanding and new eyes to see.
What gift can I give to You for all the gifts You’ve given me?
I can’t give You anything new for all I have came from thee.

So that I can give You something You desire, I ask this one request.
Help me to love as You love me, for the way You love me makes me know I am blest.
Help me to love fervently, intentionally, and unconditionally, too.
Help me to love chastely and sacrificially, for that is the best way to emulate You.

Lord, my gift of love to You, I bring.
It may seem only a trifling, token, little thing.
I am glad You accept heartfelt effort, however big, however small.
I pray thee to accept my little offering of love…My gift to You is a pledge of my all…

For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
John 13:15

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
12/11/2007