Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Struggle...

The Struggle...

Tis seemingly my lot to struggle.
Hard as it may be for me,
Each day I give what I've got,
Sometimes running on empty.
Though, I'm oft beset with trials,
Responsibilities, still also, I have.
Undertake them myself, I shall.
Going forth is my blessed salve. 
God gave me life, will, and wit.
Life is for living, despite how tough it gets.
Everyday I'm striving, though I struggle.

The Struggle...

Be alert, be aware, be accommodating. Not everyone is spry, svelte, and swift in running this race called life. The aged, the overwhelmed, the ability challenged have hurts and halts that oft hinder spiritually, emotionally, and physically. We oft see the struggle without discerning nor really concerning ourselves with the depth of their difficulty, nor the height of their desire to be and do for themselves despite everything against them. The little old man driving 30 in a 45 everyday is trying to live. The little old lady that keeps repeating herself incessantly is just trying to live. So many of us are in such a rush we're oft running over folk we should be running to, to help out. Oft not discerning, one day, and it may be sooner than we think-it could be me or it could be you in the struggle of our lives.

No comments: