Friday, May 8, 2009

To The Woman of My Desire

To The Woman of My Desire

The way you love me,
Makes me desire you.
The way you care for our family,
Makes me desire you.
The pleasantness of your embrace,
Makes me desire you.
The pureness of your feminine grace,
Makes me desire you.
The way Christ is growing within you,
Makes me desire you.
Your resilience in all you have been through,
Makes me desire you.
The way you soothe me when I feel dismayed,
Makes me desire you.
The way your mercy has endured my immaturity, and with me you stayed,
Makes me desire you.

When I stop to consider that God, who is infinitely holy, compassionate, wise, and understanding, thought upon what was best for you and I, and how that He brought us into the knowledge of one another, and then blessed and gave us to each other to forever love, nurture, and grow old together,
These thoughts make me pause to praise, thank Him, and then desire you, even more.

To my Wife…
My life companion and the mother of my children…
With you, I am satisfied and secure in love…
Happy Mother’s Day
From him, who is, yet, God’s work in progress…
Your, loving Husband

A capable, intelligent, and virtuous woman--who is he who can find her? She is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls. The heart of her husband trusts in her confidently and relies on and believes in her securely, so that he has no lack of [honest] gain or need of [dishonest] spoil. She comforts, encourages, and does him only good as long as there is life within her. Proverbs 31:10-12 (Amp Bible)

Let your fountain [of human life] be blessed [with the rewards of fidelity], and rejoice in the wife of your youth. Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant doe [tender, gentle, attractive]--let her bosom satisfy you at all times, and always be transported with delight in her love. Proverbs 5:18-19 (Amp Bible)

House and riches are the inheritance from fathers, but a wise, understanding, and prudent wife is from the Lord. Proverbs 19:14 (Amp Bible)

He who finds a [true] wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord. Proverbs 18:22 (Amp Bible)

I Owe Jesus
RevLDReedSr
5/8/09

No comments: