Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Blessed Brokenness

Blessed Brokenness

In prosperity, I childishly went astray.
You brought my attention to my errant way.
In love, You chastised me.

I was tripped by my own sin, I stumbled.
Your word found me out; I am humbled.
Your word helped me to see.

Your discipline has been heavy to bear.
Your just ruling meted out to me is fair.
Your desire is that I be holy.

I lift my cry unto You; test my contrition.
I will regard your righteous admonition.
From my sin and guilt, set me free.

Forgive, I pray You, my misbehavior.
I am Your son, You are my Savior.
I hope in the nearness of Your tender mercy.

Psalm 34:18 (Amplified Bible)The Lord is close to those who are of a broken heart and saves such as are crushed with sorrow for sin and are humbly and thoroughly penitent.

RevLDReedSr
I Owe Jesus
4/13/10

No comments: